Tuesday, January 1, 2008

We all fall down -



We have all heard the expression “You never get a second chance to make a first impression”. While this might be true in most cases it is not so with God. God is the only person that I know that will allow us to make a second impression as many times as necessary. No matter how many times we say “I promise” then fail to keep that promise God forgives us, welcomes us back and allows us to once again make a “first impression”. The difference between us and many of the Saints is that while they continued to fall down along their journey they always got up – often we fall down and give up.
My challenge for you in 2008 is “keep getting up”. St. Peter has always been my hero! He was always the one to answer Jesus call first and the first to fall down and still he was given the keys to heaven – this give me hope that I have a chance to one day sit in the presences of my Lord.
Happy New Years and my God grant you a special portion of His grace in the coming year.

Look back and thank God.
Look forward and trust God.
Look around and serve God.
Look within and find God!"

"I asked God, 'How do I get the best out of life?' God said,
'Face your past without regrets. Handle your present with
confidence; and prepare for the future without fear!'"

No comments:

Post a Comment